Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ma's THE word! :)

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and ideas flock together while penning down my thoughts on one of my most favorite people. The pen ceases to stop..so here I go. I don't think I have ever penned down a write up on Mom after the mandatory essay on My Mother back in grade 1 :). I honestly don't believe in the concept of a single day dedicated to your loved ones. They are always cherishable no matter what. But well, if it leads me to write something on my Mom, then why not. And I bet Ma will probably faint if she reads this. Some things are better left unsaid; they can be felt magically and so is my appreciation and love for Ma.

Ma's been a teacher to me and many others during my formative years. Initially she was very strict but over the years, our roles reversed. I don't blame her as I honestly was a brat to deal with. Currently, there's not a time when she doesn't take my advice.The aspect which I like the most about her is her straightforwardness. Me and Ma share a very open relationship. She never did impose any rules on me and gave me the licence to explore. During testing times, her apprehensions were genuine and her faith undeterred. I still remember her advice, " Babu (as she lovingly calls me), things take a turn for good. Take life as it comes and surprises are sure to spring up later. We trust you wholeheartedly,so just go ahead and don't give a damn about what others think." And so I did and life's assembled from an unsolved puzzle (a few years back) to a complete design. Although how I wish my thesis project becomes a complete design in a jiffy!

My love for reading and books is all due to her. And Dad takes the credit for my writing interests. A fabulous cook and the palak paneer made by her is out of the world. :) The extent to which you miss something manifests only when you are away from it;and Ma's dishes are certainly no exception to the rule. I recently passed my quals and called home only to find Ma waiting besides the phone. And the first thing she said was, " I wish I could come there Babu. Had it been closer, I would have come right away!" One rarely finds such affection elsewhere.
Ma and Aunty! :)

Mom's are the one of the most selfless creations. I fought with her, argued endlessly and might have offended her at times but her patience and unconditional love are unfaltering. Moms are indeed made up of a different mould and occupy a very special niche in this world.

Another person who holds the same esteem as my mom is Aunty. Our neighbour since the past 26 years, we couldn't have asked for a better person and family. Aunty never fails to call me on my birthday and send me her awesome chutneys and rice ladoos in the parcel. Aunty's just like my second Mom. The one who could coax me into taking the most horrible syrups, the one who actually took the vaccine for visiting me at the hospital; Aunty's done it all. Some relations are undefined and ours is one such one.

So here's wishing all Mommies a very happy Mother's day! As I said, every day is truly a mothers day.

I would like to fondly conclude with a quote:

'My life without you is never humdrum
There are no conditions of love from you, my Mom'



No comments:

Post a Comment